Steven Finn eyeing England Test return
London: England fast bowler Steven Finn has said that he is hopeful of forcing his way into the squad for the final Test against India, which starts at The Oval on Thursday.
Finn was called up into the squad for the second Test at Trent Bridge when Chris Tremlett was injured, but was overlooked in favour of Tim Bresnan.
Speaking before taking to the field for the England Lions against Sri Lanka A on Sunday, Finn said: “All of us in this team (the Lions) are striving to get there. There is healthy competition for places, which can only be good.”
“There are probably no spots up for grabs. It is a pretty tight-knit unit up there. The only thing is, if one of us do get the opportunity to go up there - as Tim Bresnan did in the last two Test matches- you have got to go in and make yourself undroppable,” he added.
Finn is in England’s 13-man squad for the fourth and final Test. England currently leads the four-match series 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price