Steyn says Proteas on high ahead of Gabba Test against Australia
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has said they are on a high and confident of performing well against Australia in the Test series.
South Africa arrived on Sunday for a three-Test cricket tour of Australia hoping to maintain their No 1 ranking by beating the home side for the second consecutive time Down Under.
The South Africans are two places and four points ahead of the Australians in the ICC Test rankings after securing the top spot from England with a series win in England earlier this year.
Steyn said their successful tour last time they visited Australia has given them a lot of confidence.
“We enjoyed our tour here last time so hopefully we can repeat that... and the team is on a high,” a website quoted Steyn, as saying.
The first Test begins in Brisbane on November 9, followed by matches in Adelaide (November 22-26) and Perth (November 30-December 4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!