Stop praising Sachin Tendulkar, says Taliban to Pak media
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Pakistan Taliban commander, in a video message, widely circulated on social networking site Facebook has warned the Pakistan media to stop paying tribute to Sachin Tendulkar, Indian cricket legend who retired this month.
The commander flanked by two masked gunmen carrying AK-47s, warned Pakistani media on Sunday mentioning that since Tendulkar was an Indian he did not deserve praise from Pakistan media.
"We have been monitoring Pakistani media, including news channels and newspapers, for the past three weeks and got to know how was Pakistani media praising Indian cricketer during his farewell. It was unfortunate to see Pakistani media went to great extent to pay tribute to Indian cricketer by running video clips on TV channels and writing huge articles in his praise. On the other hand, it was sad to know same Pakistani media badly criticised Pakistani cricket team as well as its captain Misbah-ul-Haq. We condemn this move of Pakistani media and expect it will not repeat the same in future," said the commander in the video.
"Shame for Pakistani media that spoke highly of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. No doubt, he has been a great cricketer, but, he`s Indian after all, so stop promoting him," Pakistani Taliban warned media houses in Pakistan.
The Pakistan media had been showering praises on Tendulkar following his retirement. Notably, it is the first time in history of Pakistan that their media had showered praises on an Indian individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda