Stormy affair expected at UPCA AGM on Friday
Kanpur: The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association scheduled here tomorrow is expected to be a stormy affair with some members likely to oppose the changes proposed to be made in the selection panels and functioning of the body.
According to sources, Mayank Bajpai, who was appointed as a General Manager last year, would be given greater say in the functioning of the UPCA besides a hike in salary and perks while another GM and former Ranji player Rohit Talwar could be moved from his post and given charge of UPCA Cricket Academy.
Such moves are likely to be met with strong opposition by some members in the meeting, they said.
UPCA Director Jyoti Bajpai refused to disclose the agenda of the meeting but did not deny that some changes could be made in few committees of the association.
Sources say that some members of senior and junior selection committee are likely to be changed, including chief of the Ranji selection committee Gopal Sharma who could be replaced by Gyanendra Pandey.
The meet will be chaired by UPCA Secretary and former BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection