Straight drive is my favourite shot: Sachin Tendulkar
Ranchi: Bowlers never like batsmen hitting them past their follow through and this is exactly what Indian veteran Sachin Tendulkar likes as his favourite stroke is the straight driven boundary.
"My favourite shot is the straight drive, opening up the face of the bat...no bowler likes to see the face of the bat," Tendulkar said in reply to a query by a cricket lover during a special TV programme.
Answering questions ranging from why he failed to score in the recently-concluded England series to his shot selection, Tendulkar revealed how he avoids reading newspapers to cut out pressure.
"I can`t do what millions of people have had to say as one should always focus on one`s game as ultimately it is you who have to do it," he said replying to a query on how he handled pressure.
Tendulkar advised the kids avoid thinking about the past.
"If you think of the past, you will tend to think of all negative things. If you think of the future you will worry whether you could score or not. What is important is to focus on the job at hand," said Tendulkar as he appealed to all to contribute in his "Support My School Campaign".
"We do 80 per cent positive things and only 20 per cent negative things in the past. Only negative things come to our mind, building up the pressure. Always think positive, sort out the mistakes (made in the past) and don`t think of them anymore," Tendulkar said.
On why he could not score in the recently concluded India-England Test series, Tendulkar said the game should be seen in its totality.
"Sometimes a batsman gets out to a good ball or falls to a mistake," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town