Strauss makes derogatory Pietersen remarks - reports
London: Former England captain Andrew Strauss was caught on microphone making derogatory remarks about ex-team mate Kevin Pietersen during an MCC v Rest of the World exhibition match at Lord`s on Saturday, media reports said.
Strauss was heard by viewers who were watching the coverage on Fox Sports in Australia but the comments were not broadcast on British television.
He reportedly made the remarks while speaking to fellow commentator Nick Knight, forcing Sky Sports television to issue an apology.
"Earlier comments were made during a break of play which were heard overseas. We apologise for the language used," the broadcaster said on its Twitter account.
The South African-born Pietersen, who was sacked by England after the 5-0 Ashes defeat in Australia earlier this year, was dropped for a test against South Africa in 2012 after sending provocative texts about Strauss to the opposition.
The match at Lord`s is being held to celebrate the bicentenary of the famous ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!