Strauss makes derogatory Pietersen remarks - reports
London: Former England captain Andrew Strauss was caught on microphone making derogatory remarks about ex-team mate Kevin Pietersen during an MCC v Rest of the World exhibition match at Lord`s on Saturday, media reports said.
Strauss was heard by viewers who were watching the coverage on Fox Sports in Australia but the comments were not broadcast on British television.
He reportedly made the remarks while speaking to fellow commentator Nick Knight, forcing Sky Sports television to issue an apology.
"Earlier comments were made during a break of play which were heard overseas. We apologise for the language used," the broadcaster said on its Twitter account.
The South African-born Pietersen, who was sacked by England after the 5-0 Ashes defeat in Australia earlier this year, was dropped for a test against South Africa in 2012 after sending provocative texts about Strauss to the opposition.
The match at Lord`s is being held to celebrate the bicentenary of the famous ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’