Strauss’ ton puts England in good position against West Indies
Trent Brudge: England Test skipper Andrew Strauss scored his consecutive Test hundred in reply to the one scored by Darren Sammy earlier in the day on Saturday at Trent Bridge, Nottingham.
Strauss was unbeaten on 102 along Kevin Pietersen (72) as both of them added 136 runs for the third wicket.
England are now 11 runs behind West Indies with seven wickets in hand.
Earlier in the day West Indies skipper Darren Sammy went on to score his maiden Test ton. Sammy (106) and Samuels (117) shared 204 runs for the seventh wicket as West Indies managed to score 370 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details