Strauss’ ton puts England in good position against West Indies
Trent Brudge: England Test skipper Andrew Strauss scored his consecutive Test hundred in reply to the one scored by Darren Sammy earlier in the day on Saturday at Trent Bridge, Nottingham.
Strauss was unbeaten on 102 along Kevin Pietersen (72) as both of them added 136 runs for the third wicket.
England are now 11 runs behind West Indies with seven wickets in hand.
Earlier in the day West Indies skipper Darren Sammy went on to score his maiden Test ton. Sammy (106) and Samuels (117) shared 204 runs for the seventh wicket as West Indies managed to score 370 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing