Stuart Broad left out of England one-day squad to face India
London: Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
Broad, who played for England at The Oval despite having a broken nose and two black eyes following an injury suffered during the fourth test match in Manchester, will miss the series to have specialist examination and treatment of a chronic right knee injury.
Test captain Alastair Cook, who led England`s triumphant recovery after they had trailed 1-0 following defeat in the second test, was selected to captain the one-day side.
Eleven of the 15 selected players were involved in the test series.
Batsmen Alex Hales and Eoin Morgan and bowlers Harry Gurney and James Tredwell have also been selected.
England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Balance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout
- Italy, Netherlands offer to share UN council seat