Stuart Broad left out of England one-day squad to face India
London: Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
Broad, who played for England at The Oval despite having a broken nose and two black eyes following an injury suffered during the fourth test match in Manchester, will miss the series to have specialist examination and treatment of a chronic right knee injury.
Test captain Alastair Cook, who led England`s triumphant recovery after they had trailed 1-0 following defeat in the second test, was selected to captain the one-day side.
Eleven of the 15 selected players were involved in the test series.
Batsmen Alex Hales and Eoin Morgan and bowlers Harry Gurney and James Tredwell have also been selected.
England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Balance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors