Stuart Broad left out of England one-day squad to face India
London: Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
Broad, who played for England at The Oval despite having a broken nose and two black eyes following an injury suffered during the fourth test match in Manchester, will miss the series to have specialist examination and treatment of a chronic right knee injury.
Test captain Alastair Cook, who led England`s triumphant recovery after they had trailed 1-0 following defeat in the second test, was selected to captain the one-day side.
Eleven of the 15 selected players were involved in the test series.
Batsmen Alex Hales and Eoin Morgan and bowlers Harry Gurney and James Tredwell have also been selected.
England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Balance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match