Stuart Broad left out of England one-day squad to face India
London: Strike bowler Stuart Broad, one of the heroes of England`s 3-1 test series victory against India, was on Monday left out of a 15-man squad for the five one-day internationals between the two teams.
Broad, who played for England at The Oval despite having a broken nose and two black eyes following an injury suffered during the fourth test match in Manchester, will miss the series to have specialist examination and treatment of a chronic right knee injury.
Test captain Alastair Cook, who led England`s triumphant recovery after they had trailed 1-0 following defeat in the second test, was selected to captain the one-day side.
Eleven of the 15 selected players were involved in the test series.
Batsmen Alex Hales and Eoin Morgan and bowlers Harry Gurney and James Tredwell have also been selected.
England squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Balance, Ian Bell, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Punjab school education board 10th result to be declared shortly. Check www.pseb.ac.in
- Freeze frame! ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan and ‘Aarfa’ Anushka Sharma in a ‘romantic’ still – See pic
- Watch: World's fastest helicopter that may revolutionise air travel!
- STOP IT! Why it's unfair to dub Angurlata Deka as Assam's 'Hot MLA'
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Argentine footballer dies after being struck in head