Stuart Broad to undergo knee surgery on September 4
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: English pacer Stuart Broad, who will be missing the forthcoming ODI series against India, will undergo a knee surgery on September 4.
The speedster confirmed the news through his official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
I've seen the surgeon 2day and now def having surgery on my troublesome knee 4th Sep I've been due for a while so can't wait to get sorted
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 20, 2014
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required and was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi