Stuart Broad to undergo knee surgery on September 4
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: English pacer Stuart Broad, who will be missing the forthcoming ODI series against India, will undergo a knee surgery on September 4.
The speedster confirmed the news through his official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
I've seen the surgeon 2day and now def having surgery on my troublesome knee 4th Sep I've been due for a while so can't wait to get sorted
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 20, 2014
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required and was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley