Stuart Broad to undergo knee surgery on September 4
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: English pacer Stuart Broad, who will be missing the forthcoming ODI series against India, will undergo a knee surgery on September 4.
The speedster confirmed the news through his official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
I've seen the surgeon 2day and now def having surgery on my troublesome knee 4th Sep I've been due for a while so can't wait to get sorted
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 20, 2014
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required and was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list