Stuart Broad to undergo knee surgery on September 4
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: English pacer Stuart Broad, who will be missing the forthcoming ODI series against India, will undergo a knee surgery on September 4.
The speedster confirmed the news through his official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
I've seen the surgeon 2day and now def having surgery on my troublesome knee 4th Sep I've been due for a while so can't wait to get sorted
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 20, 2014
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required and was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police