Stuart Broad to undergo knee surgery on September 4
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: English pacer Stuart Broad, who will be missing the forthcoming ODI series against India, will undergo a knee surgery on September 4.
The speedster confirmed the news through his official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
I've seen the surgeon 2day and now def having surgery on my troublesome knee 4th Sep I've been due for a while so can't wait to get sorted
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 20, 2014
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required and was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what