Stuart Law to replace Langer as new Oz batting coach
Sydney: Stuart Law is set to be unveiled as Australia`s new batting coach, as Justin Langer leaves to take over the head coaching role in Western Australia.
Law will take over from Langer for the rest of the South African Test series, according to reports.
It is believed the role is in a part-time capacity, although Law is in the box seat to get the job on a permanent basis.
Law only played a solitary Test for Australia, but is fondly regarded in Queensland for breaking through seven decades of state cricket misery to captain Queensland``s drought-breaking first Sheffield Shield win in 1995.
“It was a dream playing cricket at the highest level and if I was offered this job on a long-term basis, it would be the next best thing,” News.com.au quoted Law, as saying.
Law played the twilight of his first-class career in English county cricket and then took the road less travelled, coaching Sri Lanka briefly and then Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued