Stuart Law to replace Langer as new Oz batting coach
Sydney: Stuart Law is set to be unveiled as Australia`s new batting coach, as Justin Langer leaves to take over the head coaching role in Western Australia.
Law will take over from Langer for the rest of the South African Test series, according to reports.
It is believed the role is in a part-time capacity, although Law is in the box seat to get the job on a permanent basis.
Law only played a solitary Test for Australia, but is fondly regarded in Queensland for breaking through seven decades of state cricket misery to captain Queensland``s drought-breaking first Sheffield Shield win in 1995.
“It was a dream playing cricket at the highest level and if I was offered this job on a long-term basis, it would be the next best thing,” News.com.au quoted Law, as saying.
Law played the twilight of his first-class career in English county cricket and then took the road less travelled, coaching Sri Lanka briefly and then Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand