Stuart Law to replace Langer as new Oz batting coach
Sydney: Stuart Law is set to be unveiled as Australia`s new batting coach, as Justin Langer leaves to take over the head coaching role in Western Australia.
Law will take over from Langer for the rest of the South African Test series, according to reports.
It is believed the role is in a part-time capacity, although Law is in the box seat to get the job on a permanent basis.
Law only played a solitary Test for Australia, but is fondly regarded in Queensland for breaking through seven decades of state cricket misery to captain Queensland``s drought-breaking first Sheffield Shield win in 1995.
“It was a dream playing cricket at the highest level and if I was offered this job on a long-term basis, it would be the next best thing,” News.com.au quoted Law, as saying.
Law played the twilight of his first-class career in English county cricket and then took the road less travelled, coaching Sri Lanka briefly and then Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon