Suggested 12 over for bowler to ensure better contest: Kumble
New Delhi: Former India captain Anil Kumble stated that his suggestion of one bowler getting to bowl 12 overs in a 50-over game will only make it a "better contest" between bat and bowl.
"Yes, I suggested to the technical committee was that one bowler should be allowed to bowl 12 overs in a 50-over game. I`m glad it was accepted in today`s meeting. I believe that 12 overs for one bowler in the One-dayers will not only provide a better contest between bat and ball but will also bring in more room for strategising for the captains," India`s highest wicket-taker in Test cricket told bcci.Tv after yesterday`s meeting.
"It will affect in a way they plan, analyse and will make an impact on the batting team, be it chasing targets or setting them up," Kumble added.
Kumble feels that the captains` conclave that has been organised by the BCCI has also helped in making better decisions.
"It certainly helped in making better decisions. The suggestion of playing more number of Ranji Trophy games came from the captains and coaches. With this new format, every team will play minimum eight matches which is a great thing. Another suggestion was to make the Duleep Trophy more meaningful.
"Hence, the technical committee has recommended that the Duleep Trophy should be the first tournament of the domestic season. That will act as a huge motivation for the players playing in the tournament as they get more than a fair chance of staking their claim for a spot in the national team," he was quoted as saying by the website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre