Sunil Gavaskar writes to SC; demands his salary as BCCI interim president
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Interim President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sunil Gavaskar, sent a letter to the Supreme Court (SC) on Friday demanding his salary for running the Indian cricket board, according to the sources.
According to media sources the `little master` drafted the letter directly to the SC without going through any legal procedure.
The SC had installed batting legend Sunil Gavaskar as the interim head of India`s troubled cricket board on May 28th 2014 after forcing out the scandal-tainted N Srinivasan from office.
The SC received Gavaskar`s letter just a day after he celebrated his 65th birthday.
Under the surveillance of Gavaskar, the Indian Premier League`s seventh edition had taken place successfully in Dubai and India.
However, inquiry on the IPL-fixing case has been under investigation. Under retired Justice Mukul Mudgal the penal is now investigating on the 13 `very important personalities`, whose names figured in a sealed envelope submitted to the SC on February 10 by the same Mudgal panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations