Sunil Gavaskar writes to SC; demands his salary as BCCI interim president
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Interim President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sunil Gavaskar, sent a letter to the Supreme Court (SC) on Friday demanding his salary for running the Indian cricket board, according to the sources.
According to media sources the `little master` drafted the letter directly to the SC without going through any legal procedure.
The SC had installed batting legend Sunil Gavaskar as the interim head of India`s troubled cricket board on May 28th 2014 after forcing out the scandal-tainted N Srinivasan from office.
The SC received Gavaskar`s letter just a day after he celebrated his 65th birthday.
Under the surveillance of Gavaskar, the Indian Premier League`s seventh edition had taken place successfully in Dubai and India.
However, inquiry on the IPL-fixing case has been under investigation. Under retired Justice Mukul Mudgal the penal is now investigating on the 13 `very important personalities`, whose names figured in a sealed envelope submitted to the SC on February 10 by the same Mudgal panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days