Sunil Gavaskar writes to SC; demands his salary as BCCI interim president
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Interim President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sunil Gavaskar, sent a letter to the Supreme Court (SC) on Friday demanding his salary for running the Indian cricket board, according to the sources.
According to media sources the `little master` drafted the letter directly to the SC without going through any legal procedure.
The SC had installed batting legend Sunil Gavaskar as the interim head of India`s troubled cricket board on May 28th 2014 after forcing out the scandal-tainted N Srinivasan from office.
The SC received Gavaskar`s letter just a day after he celebrated his 65th birthday.
Under the surveillance of Gavaskar, the Indian Premier League`s seventh edition had taken place successfully in Dubai and India.
However, inquiry on the IPL-fixing case has been under investigation. Under retired Justice Mukul Mudgal the penal is now investigating on the 13 `very important personalities`, whose names figured in a sealed envelope submitted to the SC on February 10 by the same Mudgal panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi