Sunil Narine called into Windies Test squad for series against Black Caps
Wellington: West Indian spinner Sunil Narine, who had bewildered New Zealand in Tests and ODIs, has reportedly been recalled into the tourists` Test squad for the three-match series, starting at Dunedin from December 3.
Narine, who has played just five Tests, will join the West Indies squad as cover for the under-fire Shane Shillingford, who, along with teammate Marlon Samuels, will head to Perth for independent testing after both were reported for suspected illegal bowling actions during the second Test against India earlier this month.
According to Stuff.co.nz, despite playing just two Tests against New Zealand, Narine has taken 12 of his 15 Test wickets from the Black Caps.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that both Shillingford and Samuels would both be eligible to play in the first Test as they are cleared to play until the independent testing results have been submitted to the ICC.
Shillingford is expected to rejoin the West Indies squad at the weekend and it is understood the tourists expect him to be cleared, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3