Sunil Narine called into Windies Test squad for series against Black Caps
Wellington: West Indian spinner Sunil Narine, who had bewildered New Zealand in Tests and ODIs, has reportedly been recalled into the tourists` Test squad for the three-match series, starting at Dunedin from December 3.
Narine, who has played just five Tests, will join the West Indies squad as cover for the under-fire Shane Shillingford, who, along with teammate Marlon Samuels, will head to Perth for independent testing after both were reported for suspected illegal bowling actions during the second Test against India earlier this month.
According to Stuff.co.nz, despite playing just two Tests against New Zealand, Narine has taken 12 of his 15 Test wickets from the Black Caps.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that both Shillingford and Samuels would both be eligible to play in the first Test as they are cleared to play until the independent testing results have been submitted to the ICC.
Shillingford is expected to rejoin the West Indies squad at the weekend and it is understood the tourists expect him to be cleared, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday