Sunil Narine called into Windies Test squad for series against Black Caps
Wellington: West Indian spinner Sunil Narine, who had bewildered New Zealand in Tests and ODIs, has reportedly been recalled into the tourists` Test squad for the three-match series, starting at Dunedin from December 3.
Narine, who has played just five Tests, will join the West Indies squad as cover for the under-fire Shane Shillingford, who, along with teammate Marlon Samuels, will head to Perth for independent testing after both were reported for suspected illegal bowling actions during the second Test against India earlier this month.
According to Stuff.co.nz, despite playing just two Tests against New Zealand, Narine has taken 12 of his 15 Test wickets from the Black Caps.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that both Shillingford and Samuels would both be eligible to play in the first Test as they are cleared to play until the independent testing results have been submitted to the ICC.
Shillingford is expected to rejoin the West Indies squad at the weekend and it is understood the tourists expect him to be cleared, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack