Supreme Court makes Lalit Modi wait; postpones RCA election results to Jan 17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court expected to hear Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) petition seeking to stop the former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi from taking over as president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), has announced today that if Modi wins the elections, then only it will look into the matter.
The apex court will open the sealed envelope containing the result of the elections on January 17.
The BCCI had on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking its intervention to restrain Modi from becoming the RCA president.
The petition filed by BCCI in the apex court stated that Modi`s association with RCA will affect the image of the cricket board. It mentioned that Modi`s nomination was incorrect because RCA had rejected BCCI`s objections to his candidature.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 and, if reports are to believed, Modi along with his group is expected to win.
In September 2013, a life-ban was imposed by the BCCI on Modi accusing him of causing financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016