Supreme Court makes Lalit Modi wait; postpones RCA election results to Jan 17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court expected to hear Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) petition seeking to stop the former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi from taking over as president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), has announced today that if Modi wins the elections, then only it will look into the matter.
The apex court will open the sealed envelope containing the result of the elections on January 17.
The BCCI had on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking its intervention to restrain Modi from becoming the RCA president.
The petition filed by BCCI in the apex court stated that Modi`s association with RCA will affect the image of the cricket board. It mentioned that Modi`s nomination was incorrect because RCA had rejected BCCI`s objections to his candidature.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 and, if reports are to believed, Modi along with his group is expected to win.
In September 2013, a life-ban was imposed by the BCCI on Modi accusing him of causing financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!