Supreme Court makes Lalit Modi wait; postpones RCA election results to Jan 17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court expected to hear Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) petition seeking to stop the former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi from taking over as president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), has announced today that if Modi wins the elections, then only it will look into the matter.
The apex court will open the sealed envelope containing the result of the elections on January 17.
The BCCI had on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking its intervention to restrain Modi from becoming the RCA president.
The petition filed by BCCI in the apex court stated that Modi`s association with RCA will affect the image of the cricket board. It mentioned that Modi`s nomination was incorrect because RCA had rejected BCCI`s objections to his candidature.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 and, if reports are to believed, Modi along with his group is expected to win.
In September 2013, a life-ban was imposed by the BCCI on Modi accusing him of causing financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore