Supreme Court makes Lalit Modi wait; postpones RCA election results to Jan 17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court expected to hear Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) petition seeking to stop the former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi from taking over as president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), has announced today that if Modi wins the elections, then only it will look into the matter.
The apex court will open the sealed envelope containing the result of the elections on January 17.
The BCCI had on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking its intervention to restrain Modi from becoming the RCA president.
The petition filed by BCCI in the apex court stated that Modi`s association with RCA will affect the image of the cricket board. It mentioned that Modi`s nomination was incorrect because RCA had rejected BCCI`s objections to his candidature.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 and, if reports are to believed, Modi along with his group is expected to win.
In September 2013, a life-ban was imposed by the BCCI on Modi accusing him of causing financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside