Supreme Court makes Lalit Modi wait; postpones RCA election results to Jan 17
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court expected to hear Board of Control for Cricket in India`s (BCCI) petition seeking to stop the former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi from taking over as president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), has announced today that if Modi wins the elections, then only it will look into the matter.
The apex court will open the sealed envelope containing the result of the elections on January 17.
The BCCI had on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking its intervention to restrain Modi from becoming the RCA president.
The petition filed by BCCI in the apex court stated that Modi`s association with RCA will affect the image of the cricket board. It mentioned that Modi`s nomination was incorrect because RCA had rejected BCCI`s objections to his candidature.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 and, if reports are to believed, Modi along with his group is expected to win.
In September 2013, a life-ban was imposed by the BCCI on Modi accusing him of causing financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees