Suspended Kundra in philosophical mood
New Delhi: Shocked at BCCI`s decision to suspend him on charges of gambling in IPL, Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra on Wednesday seemed to be in a philosophical mood.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed but nothing can be changed until it is faced," Kundra wrote on his twitter account.
Kundra has been facing tough times ever since being questioned by the Delhi Police, to whom the NRI businessman admitted to betting in the cash-rich Twenty20 league.
"Humour is a rubber sword it allows you to make a point without drawing blood," he said further.
Kundra had, two days ago, said he was being made a "scapegoat" by people in powerful positions.
"I am shocked and upset at the unilateral decision taken by the BCCI and will fight the grounds of suspension," Kundra had said in a statement after being suspended by the Cricket Board.
"All sorts of accusations were made against me without proof, by people in powerful positions. It is sad that without accurate facts, I am being made a scapegoat and put under trial by the media based on unproved claims," he had added.
Kundra is the second team owner, after N Srinivasan`s son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan, to be suspended from cricketing activities in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The 37-year-old British Indian businessman was suspended by BCCI`s all-powerful working committee, pending completion of an inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines