Swann assures Pietersen `arrogant cricketers` remark not meant for him
Johannesburg: Newly retired England off-spinner Graeme Swann has said that he has reassured star batsman Kevin Pietersen that his remark about arrogant cricketers was not a reference to his former England team-mate.
After announcing his shock retirement from the sport last week, Swann spoke critically about players who, in his opinion, had `their heads up their own backsides`, although after suggestions that he had been referring to Pietersen, Swann insisted that he had actually been speaking about opposition players.
According to a leading channel, Swann said that he had contacted Pietersen personally and assured him that there was nothing in the comment that was aimed towards the South Africa-born cricketer, after which he claimed that Pietersen told him he is aware of whom Swann was referring to in the comment.
Swann claimed that all of his former teammates knew which players were the focus of his ire and quipped that he would have to release a new book now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened