Swann assures Pietersen `arrogant cricketers` remark not meant for him
Johannesburg: Newly retired England off-spinner Graeme Swann has said that he has reassured star batsman Kevin Pietersen that his remark about arrogant cricketers was not a reference to his former England team-mate.
After announcing his shock retirement from the sport last week, Swann spoke critically about players who, in his opinion, had `their heads up their own backsides`, although after suggestions that he had been referring to Pietersen, Swann insisted that he had actually been speaking about opposition players.
According to a leading channel, Swann said that he had contacted Pietersen personally and assured him that there was nothing in the comment that was aimed towards the South Africa-born cricketer, after which he claimed that Pietersen told him he is aware of whom Swann was referring to in the comment.
Swann claimed that all of his former teammates knew which players were the focus of his ire and quipped that he would have to release a new book now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti