Swann assures Pietersen `arrogant cricketers` remark not meant for him
Johannesburg: Newly retired England off-spinner Graeme Swann has said that he has reassured star batsman Kevin Pietersen that his remark about arrogant cricketers was not a reference to his former England team-mate.
After announcing his shock retirement from the sport last week, Swann spoke critically about players who, in his opinion, had `their heads up their own backsides`, although after suggestions that he had been referring to Pietersen, Swann insisted that he had actually been speaking about opposition players.
According to a leading channel, Swann said that he had contacted Pietersen personally and assured him that there was nothing in the comment that was aimed towards the South Africa-born cricketer, after which he claimed that Pietersen told him he is aware of whom Swann was referring to in the comment.
Swann claimed that all of his former teammates knew which players were the focus of his ire and quipped that he would have to release a new book now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film