Swann backs Strauss to remain England captain
London: England off spinner Graeme Swann believes Andrew Strauss is the best captain the country has had, and believes no one even comes close to him.
Swann said Strauss has proved his credentials as a Test captain, and he should remain captain of the England Test team.
“I`m laying my cards on the table in support of Strauss, and saying with 100-per-cent certainty he remains the best man to lead England in Tests,” Swann wrote in his column for the Sun.
“There have been mutterings in some quarters he might be under pressure following our 3-0 series defeat against Pakistan in the UAE,” he said.
Swann said that Strauss’s tactical efficiency and his experience makes him the best person to lead England.
“For me, and I`m sure everyone else in the dressing room, Straussy`s tactics, experience, demeanor and man-management skills makes him the top man for the job,” he said.
He hailed Strauss as the one of the most successful England captain in the longest format of the game.
“He is one of the most successful England captains of all time and his CV includes back-to-back Ashes victories — including the historic triumph Down Under last winter — and leading England to No 1 in the world Test rankings,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town