Swann backs Strauss to remain England captain
London: England off spinner Graeme Swann believes Andrew Strauss is the best captain the country has had, and believes no one even comes close to him.
Swann said Strauss has proved his credentials as a Test captain, and he should remain captain of the England Test team.
“I`m laying my cards on the table in support of Strauss, and saying with 100-per-cent certainty he remains the best man to lead England in Tests,” Swann wrote in his column for the Sun.
“There have been mutterings in some quarters he might be under pressure following our 3-0 series defeat against Pakistan in the UAE,” he said.
Swann said that Strauss’s tactical efficiency and his experience makes him the best person to lead England.
“For me, and I`m sure everyone else in the dressing room, Straussy`s tactics, experience, demeanor and man-management skills makes him the top man for the job,” he said.
He hailed Strauss as the one of the most successful England captain in the longest format of the game.
“He is one of the most successful England captains of all time and his CV includes back-to-back Ashes victories — including the historic triumph Down Under last winter — and leading England to No 1 in the world Test rankings,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer