Swann blasts ‘cheat’ Perera over catching row
London: England off spinner Graeme Swann has criticized Sri Lankan batsman Dilruwan Perera for refusing to walk after being caught at slip off James Anderson, and credited captain Andrew Strauss for restoring calm among the players.
Swann accused Perera of trying to cheat after knowing he was out.
“It was very difficult to take, as it was so blatantly out. What annoyed us was the batsman stood there, knowing 100 per cent he was out. He chose to cheat in my view,” a daily quoted Swann, as saying.
“I`m glad Straussy was there, because I`m sure it would have gone further had we not had someone with a bit of onus to calm things down,” he said.
England had won the warm up game against Sri Lanka Board eleven with relative ease, as Alastair Cook, James Anderson and Monty Panesar gave encouraging performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers