Swann eyeing swift comeback in Eng team following successful elbow surgery
London: England off spinner Graeme Swann has said he is feeling great after his successful elbow surgery that ruled him out of the Test series against New Zealand, adding he wants to make a comeback in the team as soon as possible.
Swann is already straining at the leash to take on the Australians again after revealing that his elbow operation was a success.
Swann aims to be bowling back again by the end of April, after going under the knife in the US, and he will then be just a short spell away from the Ashes via New Zealand and the Champions Trophy.
The last time he had surgery on his bowling arm was in 2009, another Ashes year, he was back bowling within four weeks and taking the final Australian wicket at the back end of the summer.
Swann said the surgeon has reassured him that it was a lot more straightforward this time, adding by the end of April he hopes to be bowling.
The off spinner added he doesn`t know if that`s realistic or not, but that`s how his mind works, and he added that he feels great and wants to be back as soon as possible because he is bored stupid already.
Swann further said he thinks it would kill him if he sits down and watch too much cricket at the start of the summer without being an active part of it, adding he wants to play as much as he can.
Swann added in an ideal world he would be fit and proving to the coach and captain that he is bowling well to make the first Test of the summer and that is his aim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read