Swann undergoes surgery, expected to be fit for Ashes
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: England off-spinner Graeme Swann underwent a successful surgery on his right elbow after he had been ruled out of the ongoing England’s tour of New Zealand.
The off-spinner will undergo another two months of rehabilitation and is expected to be fit for this year`s Ashes double-header.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said Swann had undergone an uncomplicated operation on the elbow.
Swann, 33, has played 50 Test matches for England and is regarded as one of the best spinners in the world of cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt