Swann undergoes surgery, expected to be fit for Ashes
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: England off-spinner Graeme Swann underwent a successful surgery on his right elbow after he had been ruled out of the ongoing England’s tour of New Zealand.
The off-spinner will undergo another two months of rehabilitation and is expected to be fit for this year`s Ashes double-header.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said Swann had undergone an uncomplicated operation on the elbow.
Swann, 33, has played 50 Test matches for England and is regarded as one of the best spinners in the world of cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside