Sydney Sixers win Big Bash thriller
Sydney: Sydney Sixers registered their second victory in the Twenty20 Big Bash League here Tuesday after a thrilling two-run win over Melbourne Stars.
Stars` number ten batsman Clint McKay had the chance to be a hero by hitting Brett Lee for four from the final ball to win the match but could only manage a single.
The Stars needed 15 from the last over and had given themselves a golden chance after hitting two boundaries early on, to bring the target down to five off two, but experienced Lee held his nerves to give Sixers a memorable win.
West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo gave the home team a solid start after they elected to bat, scoring 52 off 39 balls. Quick-fire innings from Ben Rohrer (29) and Dominic Thornely (29) took the Sixers to a total of 166 for nine.
Stars, in their reply, failed to grasp opportunities as they shot themselves in the foot, thanks to some silly running between the wickets.
Run-outs of David Hussey (42) and Adam Voges (31) proved to be the downfall of Stars. Leg Spinner Steven Smith starred with the ball in front of a boisterous 27,590 home fans, taking two-wickets and giving away just 29-runs off four overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah