T20: Guyana get better of T&T
Georgetown (Guyana): Debutant teenager Nicolas Pooran stunned the Guyanese Amazon Warriors but Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel fell short by 19 runs in their Caribbean Premier League encounter at the Providence Stadium on Wednesday.
The 17 year old wicketkeeper-batsman blasted six sixes and one four on his way to a 24 ball 54 that earned him the fastest innings award. Pooran`s effort provided some optimism for the Red Steel who were chasing 156 for victory but only managed 136 for nine off their 20 overs.
Darren Bravo (23) and Justin Guillen (22) were the only other batsmen that coped with the Warrior spinners Veerasammy Permaul, Sunil Narine and man of the match Krishma Santokie. The crafty Jamaican got the crucial wicket of Darren Bravo, caught by wicket-keeper Denish Ramdin and bowled Kevin O`Brien with a disguised slower delivery for eight in the crucial dying stages of the match. He also spectacularly run out Kevin Cooper before the batsman had faced a ball.
Permaul finished with three for 32, Santokie two for 20 and Narine two for 29.
Brief scores: Guyana Amazon Warriors 155-5 (20) overs. Lendl Simmons 42, Martin Guptill 32, James Franklin 26 not out, Ramnaresh Sarwan 21 not out. Dwayne Bravo 2-41.
Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel: 136-9 (20 overs) Nicolas Pooran 54, Darren Bravo 23, Justin Guillen 22. Veerasammy Permaul 3-32, Krishma Santokie 2-20, Sunil Narine 2-29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley