T20: Guyana get better of T&T
Georgetown (Guyana): Debutant teenager Nicolas Pooran stunned the Guyanese Amazon Warriors but Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel fell short by 19 runs in their Caribbean Premier League encounter at the Providence Stadium on Wednesday.
The 17 year old wicketkeeper-batsman blasted six sixes and one four on his way to a 24 ball 54 that earned him the fastest innings award. Pooran`s effort provided some optimism for the Red Steel who were chasing 156 for victory but only managed 136 for nine off their 20 overs.
Darren Bravo (23) and Justin Guillen (22) were the only other batsmen that coped with the Warrior spinners Veerasammy Permaul, Sunil Narine and man of the match Krishma Santokie. The crafty Jamaican got the crucial wicket of Darren Bravo, caught by wicket-keeper Denish Ramdin and bowled Kevin O`Brien with a disguised slower delivery for eight in the crucial dying stages of the match. He also spectacularly run out Kevin Cooper before the batsman had faced a ball.
Permaul finished with three for 32, Santokie two for 20 and Narine two for 29.
Brief scores: Guyana Amazon Warriors 155-5 (20) overs. Lendl Simmons 42, Martin Guptill 32, James Franklin 26 not out, Ramnaresh Sarwan 21 not out. Dwayne Bravo 2-41.
Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel: 136-9 (20 overs) Nicolas Pooran 54, Darren Bravo 23, Justin Guillen 22. Veerasammy Permaul 3-32, Krishma Santokie 2-20, Sunil Narine 2-29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail