1st T20 International promises to be a run-feast
Visakhapatnam: Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his arrival on big stage at this particular venue with a magnificent 148 against Pakistan back in 2005 and the pitch at the Dr YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium again promises of run-feast when India take on New Zealand in the first T20 International.
"We have the best outfield in the country. The pitch is full of runs and is prepared keeping the format in mind. We expect a score of around 170," former India stumper MSK Prasad, who is also the director of operations at Andhra Cricket Association stated.
Citing example of the last international match against Australia played here, where India had chased Australia`s 290 with seven balls to spare, Prasad said,"It`s always been batting friendly here. It has nicely been rolled and the ball will come nicely on to the bat."
"Both the teams will look to put up a good score," Prasad said adding that dew would be there but would not play "huge difference."
He further said there would be little for the slow bowlers and "It would be the seamers who have to do the task."
According to ACA, the demand for tickets has been huge and even the tickets with highest denomination of Rs 3000 have been sold out. The stadium is going to be packed with a sell-out crowd of 28,000.
The stadium hosted the last match close to two years back in October, 2010.
Prasad is keeping his fingers crossed about forecasts of a possible hundershowers.
"We are keeping our fingers crossed. But the good sign is it`s a clear weather forecast Saturday," Prasad added.
The ACA has taken all precautionary measures and hopes to make the ground ready in two hours in case there`s a downpour.
"We have three super-soppers put in place. While we have recently acquired a ground cover that can cover the entire field. We are praying to see a good match," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!