After England scalp, it`s sun and sand time for Dhoni & Co
Colombo: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni came down to the lobby of Taj Samudra, a person casually walked upto him and wished him "Happy Anniversary" only to find the Indian captain taken aback.
"What anniversary? My anniversary (marriage) is in July," he answered.
The gentleman was quick to remind him that he is talking about fifth anniversary of India`s 2007 World T20 triumph and the skipper got the drift.
Call it either the celebration of fifth anniversary of World T20 triumph or clinical demolition of defending champions England yesterday, it was time to enjoy the `sun and sand` of the emerald isle for the Indian cricketers.
Dhoni along with hero of England match Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh and current batting star Virat Kohli set off for Mount Lavinia --- a beautiful beach side which is an hour and half`s drive from Colombo main city.
Initially, it was Dhoni and Harbhajan who were getting into the car and then senior bowler reminded his captain: "Let Chikoo (Kohli`s nickname) come. He has said that he would come."
As soon as Kohli along with Yuvraj arrived, the four left for Mount Lavinia to enjoy some time away from the confines of their hotel rooms.
Gautam Gambhir and his wife Natasha decided to spend some time together while Rohit Sharma was seen enjoying a sumptuous lunch in company of friends.
Some of the other cricketers decided to stay back in their respective rooms and relax and there were strict instructions to the hotel authorities that they shouldn`t be disturbed.
Today was one such day when the cricketers were allowed to have a free day to relax and spend time on their own. It will be business as usual from tomorrow as the team will have a grueling three-hour morning practice session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video