Arthur gives Australia team two-day break ahead of Super Eight clash with India
Colombo: Australia coach Mickey Arthur has given his players a two-day break after their two convincing victories in the Twenty20 World Cup group stage matches against Ireland and West Indies, and keeping in mind their crucial Super Eight clash with India on September 28 in Colombo.
Australia hammered Ireland by seven wickets, and then produced an excellent batting performance to overpower West Indies in a rain-shortened match at Colombo’s Premadasa Stadium on Saturday night.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur has already sent some members of the squad departed on Sunday for sightseeing trip to the southern city of Galle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark