Arthur gives Australia team two-day break ahead of Super Eight clash with India
Colombo: Australia coach Mickey Arthur has given his players a two-day break after their two convincing victories in the Twenty20 World Cup group stage matches against Ireland and West Indies, and keeping in mind their crucial Super Eight clash with India on September 28 in Colombo.
Australia hammered Ireland by seven wickets, and then produced an excellent batting performance to overpower West Indies in a rain-shortened match at Colombo’s Premadasa Stadium on Saturday night.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur has already sent some members of the squad departed on Sunday for sightseeing trip to the southern city of Galle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it