Arthur gives Australia team two-day break ahead of Super Eight clash with India
Colombo: Australia coach Mickey Arthur has given his players a two-day break after their two convincing victories in the Twenty20 World Cup group stage matches against Ireland and West Indies, and keeping in mind their crucial Super Eight clash with India on September 28 in Colombo.
Australia hammered Ireland by seven wickets, and then produced an excellent batting performance to overpower West Indies in a rain-shortened match at Colombo’s Premadasa Stadium on Saturday night.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur has already sent some members of the squad departed on Sunday for sightseeing trip to the southern city of Galle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport