Balance of the body is key to hitting big sixes: Gayle
Colombo: Chris Gayle has enthralled the cricket loving public across the globe with his ability to hit big sixes and the Jamaican giant says that `proper balance` is key in executing those towering shots.
"The key thing is balance. You have to have good balance to be able to hit a lot of sixes. I put special emphasis, on my balance. You have to realise that bowlers aren`t always going to make it easy for you," Gayle, who turns 33 tomorrow told the reporters after West Indies` training session at the Colts ground here today.
"You have to create the shots, so you have to make sure you do it well. So you have to be mentally prepared as well."
Asked about the secret behind topping the six-hitting charts in IPL, Big Bash as well as Bangladesh Premier League, Gayle replied, "Bit of strength work, to be honest and once the ball is in your slot you go for it. I am sure everyone can hit a six these days. It doesn`t seem so hard these days with everybody getting big bats. Clearing the boundary is easy. So it`s one of those things ? you try and get a start and once you are set, you can take advantage of the conditions once you get accustomed to all the bowlers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP