Balance of the body is key to hitting big sixes: Gayle
Colombo: Chris Gayle has enthralled the cricket loving public across the globe with his ability to hit big sixes and the Jamaican giant says that `proper balance` is key in executing those towering shots.
"The key thing is balance. You have to have good balance to be able to hit a lot of sixes. I put special emphasis, on my balance. You have to realise that bowlers aren`t always going to make it easy for you," Gayle, who turns 33 tomorrow told the reporters after West Indies` training session at the Colts ground here today.
"You have to create the shots, so you have to make sure you do it well. So you have to be mentally prepared as well."
Asked about the secret behind topping the six-hitting charts in IPL, Big Bash as well as Bangladesh Premier League, Gayle replied, "Bit of strength work, to be honest and once the ball is in your slot you go for it. I am sure everyone can hit a six these days. It doesn`t seem so hard these days with everybody getting big bats. Clearing the boundary is easy. So it`s one of those things ? you try and get a start and once you are set, you can take advantage of the conditions once you get accustomed to all the bowlers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof