Briton remanded for T20 ticket theft in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A British national arrested by the Sri Lankan police for alleged theft of T20 World Cup tickets has been ordered to be remanded till tomorrow.
He was arrested for stealing piles of tickets for the ongoing T20 World Cup games at a Colombo ticket sales point yesterday.
The Colombo magistrate`s court served the remand order on him after he was produced in court by the Cinnamon Gardens police station.
This was the second arrest connected with the ongoing tournament.
Last week, a Sri Lankan national was arrested for breaching security at the hotel where the Australian team was lodged.
He was fined and handed a suspended sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand