Briton remanded for T20 ticket theft in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A British national arrested by the Sri Lankan police for alleged theft of T20 World Cup tickets has been ordered to be remanded till tomorrow.
He was arrested for stealing piles of tickets for the ongoing T20 World Cup games at a Colombo ticket sales point yesterday.
The Colombo magistrate`s court served the remand order on him after he was produced in court by the Cinnamon Gardens police station.
This was the second arrest connected with the ongoing tournament.
Last week, a Sri Lankan national was arrested for breaching security at the hotel where the Australian team was lodged.
He was fined and handed a suspended sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain