Briton remanded for T20 ticket theft in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A British national arrested by the Sri Lankan police for alleged theft of T20 World Cup tickets has been ordered to be remanded till tomorrow.
He was arrested for stealing piles of tickets for the ongoing T20 World Cup games at a Colombo ticket sales point yesterday.
The Colombo magistrate`s court served the remand order on him after he was produced in court by the Cinnamon Gardens police station.
This was the second arrest connected with the ongoing tournament.
Last week, a Sri Lankan national was arrested for breaching security at the hotel where the Australian team was lodged.
He was fined and handed a suspended sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?