Briton remanded for T20 ticket theft in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A British national arrested by the Sri Lankan police for alleged theft of T20 World Cup tickets has been ordered to be remanded till tomorrow.
He was arrested for stealing piles of tickets for the ongoing T20 World Cup games at a Colombo ticket sales point yesterday.
The Colombo magistrate`s court served the remand order on him after he was produced in court by the Cinnamon Gardens police station.
This was the second arrest connected with the ongoing tournament.
Last week, a Sri Lankan national was arrested for breaching security at the hotel where the Australian team was lodged.
He was fined and handed a suspended sentence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference