Clash against India a mini grand final: Mike Hussey
Colombo: Australia`s veteran batsman Mike Hussey feels that Friday`s Super Eights clash with India would be a mini-grand final in the World Twenty20.
Australia, who are yet to lift a World Twenty20 title, face a tall order in the Super Eights stage. First they take on India and then South Africa and Pakistan.
"The pressure and tension are only going to rise as we get closer to that India match because it`s a huge game," Hussey was quoted as saying by the Australian media Wednesday.
Hussey feels a win can help Australia stake their claim for a place in the semi-final.
"If we can win that first one in the Super Eights, it does give you that confidence and that little buffer that you know you just need one out of the last two to get through. It`s pretty much an early grand final really in the context of the tournament," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis