Dhoni to be blamed for India`s ouster, not rain: Chetan Sharma
New Delhi: Former India pacer Chetan Sharma on Wednesday held captain Mahender Singh Dhoni`s selection policy responsible for the team`s early ouster from the ongoing ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
"I think the entire team should not be blamed for the exit. Only Dhoni is to be blamed. He should accept his responsibility and stop blaming rain (for India`s ouster)," Sharma said about Dhoni`s excuse following the heavy defeat against Australia in their first Super Eights game.
Sharma was aghast with Dhoni`s decision to leave experienced off-spinner Harbhajan Singh out of the crucial Super Eights match against South Africa yesterday.
"Seeing Harbhajan not playing such an important match was shocking and depressing as well. A bowler who has over 400 Test wickets shouldn`t have been left out of the team," he said.
"If his horses for courses policy is to be implemented then Harbhajan should have made it into the team," Sharma said during the launch of Coca Cola`s Under-16 cricket tournament in Delhi.
India beat South Africa by a solitary run in Colombo yesterday but still they failed to qualify for the semi-finals due to Pakistan`s superior run-rate, courtesy their crushing nine-wicket loss against Australia.
And after India`s elimination from the World Twenty20 last night, Dhoni had once again blamed the short rain intervention against Australia as one of the reasons for their early departure from the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace