Dhoni to be blamed for India`s ouster, not rain: Chetan Sharma
New Delhi: Former India pacer Chetan Sharma on Wednesday held captain Mahender Singh Dhoni`s selection policy responsible for the team`s early ouster from the ongoing ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
"I think the entire team should not be blamed for the exit. Only Dhoni is to be blamed. He should accept his responsibility and stop blaming rain (for India`s ouster)," Sharma said about Dhoni`s excuse following the heavy defeat against Australia in their first Super Eights game.
Sharma was aghast with Dhoni`s decision to leave experienced off-spinner Harbhajan Singh out of the crucial Super Eights match against South Africa yesterday.
"Seeing Harbhajan not playing such an important match was shocking and depressing as well. A bowler who has over 400 Test wickets shouldn`t have been left out of the team," he said.
"If his horses for courses policy is to be implemented then Harbhajan should have made it into the team," Sharma said during the launch of Coca Cola`s Under-16 cricket tournament in Delhi.
India beat South Africa by a solitary run in Colombo yesterday but still they failed to qualify for the semi-finals due to Pakistan`s superior run-rate, courtesy their crushing nine-wicket loss against Australia.
And after India`s elimination from the World Twenty20 last night, Dhoni had once again blamed the short rain intervention against Australia as one of the reasons for their early departure from the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt