Duncan Fletcher lashes out at attitude of seniors in team
Colombo: The crashing out of the India team from the World Twenty20 tournament has raised several questions about the attitude of senior players and the team coach Duncan Fletcher is believed to have spoken his mind to them on their shortcomings.
Television channels reported that Fletcher gave a tongue-lashing to the team members expressing his disappointment over the way they made the exit despite a win in their last super eight match against South Africa last night.
However, the BCCI denied these reports as speculative. "I have no information about what you are talking about. I can`t comment on this issue on the basis of media reports", BCCI President N Srinivasan said, reacting to reports that Fletcher was critical of team members.
The team`s manager Sanjay Patel said there was no truth in these reports. "These are baseless reports. These are just gossips and have no truth", he said.
Top players like Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir repeatedly failed while Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been faulted for captaincy lapses. Also the crushing defeat against Australia was considered inexplicable for the way they lost by a big margin which the team could never overcome in their subsequent matches.
Pakistan cashed in on this with a better run rate against India and moved into the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?