Gautam Gambhir injured during World T20 warm-up match
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Colombo: India’s opening batsman Gautam Gambhir has been injured during the warm-up match against Sri Lanka in Colombo in Saturday.
The left-hander, who came in to bat with Virender Sehwag, was hit by a Lasith Malinga delivery after beginning on a positive note hitting the slinger for a boundary off the first ball he faced.
As per reports, the southpaw was hit on the wrist and was taken to a nearby hospital for a scan.
India will next face Pakistan in their second warm-match on Monday before starting their World T20 campaign against Afghanistan on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan