Gautam Gambhir injured during World T20 warm-up match
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Colombo: India’s opening batsman Gautam Gambhir has been injured during the warm-up match against Sri Lanka in Colombo in Saturday.
The left-hander, who came in to bat with Virender Sehwag, was hit by a Lasith Malinga delivery after beginning on a positive note hitting the slinger for a boundary off the first ball he faced.
As per reports, the southpaw was hit on the wrist and was taken to a nearby hospital for a scan.
India will next face Pakistan in their second warm-match on Monday before starting their World T20 campaign against Afghanistan on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states