Hafeez claims team management dropped Razzaq from WC T20 Cup semi-final clash
Lahore: Pakistan Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has said it was not his decision but the team management’s to oust Abdul Razzaq from the World Twenty20 Cup semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
Earlier, all rounder Razzaq had lashed out at Hafeez for not selecting him in the semi-final loss to Sri Lanka. "He (Hafeez) should not deflect the blame to the board and management, and should own up that it was his decision to drop me," The Express Tribune quoted Razzaq, as saying.
When Hafeez had returned to Pakistan earlier, he said that the decision not to play Razzaq was taken by the team management since they wanted to play someone who could bowl spin.
"If he (Hafeez) has dropped me, he should say that it was his decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it’s his planning," Razzaq said.
The right handed slog-overs-specialist who was selected for only one game in the entire tournament, said that after the win over Australia, the team was on a high and all the players were in favour of fielding an unchanged side for the semi-final as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH