Hafeez claims team management dropped Razzaq from WC T20 Cup semi-final clash
Lahore: Pakistan Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has said it was not his decision but the team management’s to oust Abdul Razzaq from the World Twenty20 Cup semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
Earlier, all rounder Razzaq had lashed out at Hafeez for not selecting him in the semi-final loss to Sri Lanka. "He (Hafeez) should not deflect the blame to the board and management, and should own up that it was his decision to drop me," The Express Tribune quoted Razzaq, as saying.
When Hafeez had returned to Pakistan earlier, he said that the decision not to play Razzaq was taken by the team management since they wanted to play someone who could bowl spin.
"If he (Hafeez) has dropped me, he should say that it was his decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it’s his planning," Razzaq said.
The right handed slog-overs-specialist who was selected for only one game in the entire tournament, said that after the win over Australia, the team was on a high and all the players were in favour of fielding an unchanged side for the semi-final as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA