Hafeez claims team management dropped Razzaq from WC T20 Cup semi-final clash
Lahore: Pakistan Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has said it was not his decision but the team management’s to oust Abdul Razzaq from the World Twenty20 Cup semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
Earlier, all rounder Razzaq had lashed out at Hafeez for not selecting him in the semi-final loss to Sri Lanka. "He (Hafeez) should not deflect the blame to the board and management, and should own up that it was his decision to drop me," The Express Tribune quoted Razzaq, as saying.
When Hafeez had returned to Pakistan earlier, he said that the decision not to play Razzaq was taken by the team management since they wanted to play someone who could bowl spin.
"If he (Hafeez) has dropped me, he should say that it was his decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it’s his planning," Razzaq said.
The right handed slog-overs-specialist who was selected for only one game in the entire tournament, said that after the win over Australia, the team was on a high and all the players were in favour of fielding an unchanged side for the semi-final as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof