Happy that Yuvraj Singh is back: MS Dhoni
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Colombo: Team India captain MS Dhoni has expressed his happiness over the inclusion of Yuvraj Singh in the Indian team.
When asked whether Yuvraj’s selection in the team was based on merit or it was an emotion-driven decision, Dhoni ducked under it saying it is better to ask the question to selectors.
“It’s a selection matter. It should be asked to the selectors,” Dhoni said while speaking to the media after arriving in Colombo for the 2012 T20 World Cup.
Dhoni said Yuvraj is a champion player and his inclusion in the Indian team provides a balance. “Yuvraj is a champion player. I am happy to have him back in the team.”
“He gives balance to the team. He can bowl which is an advantage. We don’t have a genuine allrounder and so the part-timers form a crucial part of our strategies.”
The cricket teams of India and New Zealand had left for Colombo this morning to compete in the World Twenty20 championship, starting from September 18.
New Zealand won the two-match T20 series against India after beating the hosts in thrilling encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here last night.
The first T20 match between the two sides at Visakhapatnam last week was washed away.
India will open its World T20 campaign on September 19 against Afghanistan while New Zealand will play their first match two days later against Bangladesh.
The summit clash of the tournament is slated for October 7 in Colombo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing