Harbhajan dedicates MoM award to his mother and close friends
Colombo: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who made a memorable comeback to internataional cricket by helping India thrash England in a World Twenty20 group league match here, today dedicated his man-of-the-match award to his mother and close friends who stood by him in his hour of crisis.
"It`s been a hard year. Being out of the side. Other boys were doing really well, so it was really difficult for me to make a comeback," Harbhajan, who took 4/12 in India`s 90-run win over defending champions England, said.
"This award is for my mom and those who have stuck with me," he added.
Harbhajan said the wicket in his second ball of international comeback gave him the much-needed confidence.
"For me it was an important game. I hadn`t played international cricket for a full year. Getting a wicket first or second ball gives you a lot of confidence," he said.
Asked about any change in his game, he said, "In T20 cricket, it`s important to just read the game. I have tried to cut down my run-up a bit.
"I was running in too fast, and struggling to find my areas. So I was consciously coming in off a short run, and slowly," said the off-spinner.
An emotional-looking Harbhajan said that he had always thought that he would make a come back and play for the country again.
"This India short is everything for me. I don`t know what I would do if not playing for India. I would like to thank my friends and team-mates and the Essex (his English county side) people too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing