Harbhajan dedicates MoM award to his mother and close friends
Colombo: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who made a memorable comeback to internataional cricket by helping India thrash England in a World Twenty20 group league match here, today dedicated his man-of-the-match award to his mother and close friends who stood by him in his hour of crisis.
"It`s been a hard year. Being out of the side. Other boys were doing really well, so it was really difficult for me to make a comeback," Harbhajan, who took 4/12 in India`s 90-run win over defending champions England, said.
"This award is for my mom and those who have stuck with me," he added.
Harbhajan said the wicket in his second ball of international comeback gave him the much-needed confidence.
"For me it was an important game. I hadn`t played international cricket for a full year. Getting a wicket first or second ball gives you a lot of confidence," he said.
Asked about any change in his game, he said, "In T20 cricket, it`s important to just read the game. I have tried to cut down my run-up a bit.
"I was running in too fast, and struggling to find my areas. So I was consciously coming in off a short run, and slowly," said the off-spinner.
An emotional-looking Harbhajan said that he had always thought that he would make a come back and play for the country again.
"This India short is everything for me. I don`t know what I would do if not playing for India. I would like to thank my friends and team-mates and the Essex (his English county side) people too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL