ICC T20 World Cup 2012: Australia vs Ireland-Statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 match between Australia and Ireland here on Wednesday.
• Niall O`Brien is the highest run-getter for Ireland in the ICC World Twenty20, aggregating 116 runs at an average of 19.33 in seven matches.
• Kevin O`Brien and Niall O`Brien have shared a partnership of 52 - Ireland`s highest fifth-wicket stand in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Shane Watson (3/26) has recorded his best bowling figures in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Watson is averaging 19.62 in a winning cause - 16 wickets in 16 matches. The aforesaid performance is his best in a winning cause.
• Watson`s eighth fifty (51 off 30 balls) in T20Is is his first against Ireland.
• Watson (50) has become the second batsman in T20Is to complete fifty sixes or more. Brendon McCullum, with 57 sixes, holds a record in T20Is.
• Shane Watson (51 + 3/26) has become the first Australian all-rounder and the second overall to post 50 and capture three or more wickets in the same match in the ICC World Twenty20.
• West Indian, Dwayne Bravo (66 not out off 36 balls + 4/38 against India at Lord`s on June 12, 2009) was the first to register the feat.
• Watson has emulated Mohammad Hafeez`s feat of recording a fifty and captuing three wickets in the same T20I twice.
• David Warner became the third batsman to total 1,000 runs or more in Twenty20 Internationals, amassing 1004 (ave.27.13) in 37 games. New Zealand`s Brendon McCullum (1443) and England`s Kevin Pietersen (1176) have already accomplished the feat.
• Australia`s comprehensive win by seven wickets is their tenth in 16 matches in the ICC World Twenty20 - success % 62.50.
• Porterfield is the first player in the ICC World Twenty20 to be dismissed off the first ball of a match.
• Porterfield is the sixth batsman to be dismissed off the first ball of a game in Twenty20 Internationals, joining Ashif Mullah (Canada), Kamran Akmal (Pakistan), Joe Denly (England), Vusi Sibanda (Zimbabwe) and Jesse Ryder (New Zealand).
• Watson and David Hussey share an Australian record for most sixes (15) in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Warner and Watson, with 914 runs at an average of 35.15 in 26 matches for the first wicket, including two century partnerships and six between 50 and 99, have extended their record for any wicket in T20Is.
• Watson has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the fifth time in Twenty20 Internationals - the most by an Australian player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam