ICC T20 World Cup 2012: India vs Afghanistan - statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 match between India and Afghanistan here.
# Lakshmipathy Balaji (3/19) produced his best bowling figures in T20Is. Ashish Nehra registered the same bowling figures (3/19 at Gros Islet on May 1, 2010) against Afghanistan.
# Virat Kohli became the first Indian player to post three consecutive 50s in T20Is - 68 against Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 7, 2012, 70 against New Zealand at Chennai on September 11, 2012 and 50 against Afghanistan at Colombo, RPS on September 19, 2012.
# Kohli`s knock of 50 off 39 balls is the first fifty for India against Afghanistan in T20Is.
# Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first skipper to lead a team in four consecutive ICC World Twenty20 tournaments. He became the first captain to lead a team in 18 matches in the ICC World Twenty20.
# India (159 for five) posted their highest total against Afghanistan in T20Is. India`s highest ever total in the ICC World Twenty20 is 218 for four against England at Durban on September 19, 2007.
# Kohli and Raina shared a partnership of 46 - India`s highest for the fourth wicket against Afghanistan in T20Is.
# Yuvraj Singh (3/24) registered his best bowling figures on foreign soil in T20Is.
# Yuvraj is the first Indian player to post 25 sixes in the ICC World Twenty20. Chris Gayle (27) has registered more sixes than Yuvraj.
# Afghanistan have been defeated in all three matches in the ICC World Twenty20 - two against India and one against South Africa.
# Kohli was adjudged the Man of the Match for the first time in Twenty20 Internationals.
# In five innings in a row in T20Is this year, Dhoni has remained unbeaten - 48 against Australia at SCG on February 1; 21 against Australia at MCG on February 3; 16 against Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 7; 22 against New Zealand at Chennai on September 11 and 18 against Afghanistan at Colombo, RPS on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read