ICC T20 World Cup 2012: India vs Pakistan - Statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 Super Eight match between India and Pakistan here on Sunday.
• Virat Kohli and Virender Sehwag shared a stand of 74 for the second wicket - India`s highest for any wicket against Pakistan in T20Is.
• Virat Kohli was adjudged the Man of the Match for the second time in Twenty20 Internationals for registering his first fifty against Pakistan - his fourth in T20Is.
• Kohli (78 not out off 61 balls) recorded a career-best innings, eclipsing the 70 against New Zealand at Chennai on September 11, 2012.
• Kohli`s record while chasing stands at an impressive 227 in five innings at an average of 75.66, including two fifties.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the first wicketkeeper to effect four dismissals in an innings against Pakistan in a T20I.
• Overall, Dhoni has achieved the feat twice in T20Is, emulating the tallies of Adam Gilchrist and A B de Villiers. He is now the first wicketkeeper to achieve the aforesaid distinction twice in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Lakshmipathy Balaji (3/22) registered his best bowling figures against a Test-playing side.
• Shoaib Malik (28 off 22 balls) recorded his highest score against India in T20Is.
• Gautam Gambhir registered his second duck in T20Is - both instances being caught and bowled against Pakistan.
• Yuvraj Singh bagged six wickets at 9.66 runs apiece in four matches - his best bowling performance in a competition.
• In seven innings for India in a winning cause, Yuvraj has claimed 9 wickets at 10.33 runs apiece - his best being 3 for 23 against Sri Lanka at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
• Virender Sehwag (29 off 23 balls) recorded his highest score against Pakistan in T20Is.
• India`s win with 18 balls to spare is the biggest defeat recorded by Pakistan in terms of balls remaining in the ICC World Twenty20.
• India`s victory by eight wickets is their biggest in terms of wickets over Pakistan in T20Is. They have won three matches by eight wickets in T20Is - one each against Australia, Pakistan and Ireland.
• India have won two matches out of three played against Pakistan in T20Is (Tied one) - winning percentage 83.33.
• Pakistan have yet to register a single win in a world cup match against India in ODIs/T20Is.