ICC T20 World Cup 2012: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the Super Eights match of the ICC Twenty20 World Cup between India and South Africa here.
# Suresh Raina has become the second Indian fielder to take three catches in a T20I. Rohit Sharma had performed the feat against South Africa at Johannesburg on March 30, 2012. Raina has become the first Indian to achieve the feat in the ICC World Twenty20.
# Suresh Raina, with 15 catches in 32 matches, has set an Indian fielding record in T20Is, eclipsing Rohit Sharma`s tally of 14 in 32.
# Zaheer Khan (3/22) has registered his best bowling figures against South Africa in T20Is.
# Zaheer is averaging 17.63 runs apiece in Indian wins while claiming eleven wickets in eight matches.
# Zaheer`s performance is the second best by an Indian bowler against South Africa in T20Is. Rudra Pratap Singh had claimed 4 for 13 at Durban on September 20, 2007.
# India have won three matches out of four played against South Africa in the ICC World Twenty20 - winning per centage 75.00. Their triumph by one run is their smallest victory margin in T20Is.
# Three teams -- India, South Africa and New Zealand -- have won by one-run margin in the ICC World Twenty20.
# Eight games have produced one-run wins in Twenty20 Internationals.
# India`s tally of five wins against South Africa (out of seven played) is the most against any side in T20Is.
# With 185 runs in five matches at an average of 46.25, Virat Kohli is the leading run-getter for India in the present tournament.
# Suresh Raina (45) has recorded his second highest score against South Africa, next only to the the 101 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010. He enjoys a splendid average of 48.25 against South Africa while managing 193 runs in five innings, including a hundred.
# Morne Morkel (2/28) has registered his best bowling figures against India in T20Is.
# Faf du Plessis (65 off 38 balls) has recorded his first half-century in T20Is.
# The aforesaid knock is his second highest by a South African batsman against India in the ICC World Twenty20. Jacques Kallis had posted 73 at Gros Islet on May 2, 2010.
# Du Plessis` impressive strike rate of 171.05 is the highest in an innings by a South African player against a Test-playing side in the ICC World Twenty20.
# Yuvraj Singh has recorded his best bowling figures in a series/tournament, capturing 8 wickets at an average of 10.12 in five matches. His marvellous figures of 2 or 23 are his best against South Africa in T20Is.
# Yuvraj, for the fourth time, has got the Man of the Match award in T20Is - his first against South Africa.
# Lakshmipathy Balaji took 9 wickets in four matches at an average of 9.77 - the most by an Indian bowler in the ICC World Twenty20 2012. Only Shane Watson has taken more wickets than Balaji - 11 at an average of 12.81 in five matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery