ICC T20 World Cup: Sri Lanka vs South Africa-Statistical highlights
Hambantota: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 group match between Sri Lanka and South Africa here.
• Jean-Paul Duminy has recorded 27 sixes, eclipsing Graeme Smith`s tally of 26. Only Albie Morkel has more sixes (33) than Duminy for South Africa in T20Is.
• Tillakaratne Dilshan has posted his first duck against South Africa -- his fifth in T20Is. In the ICC World Twenty20, he has recorded three ducks.
• South Africa have registered an important victory over Sri Lanka in their only match against them in T20Is.
• South Africa have won 13 and lost five out of 18 contested -- success % 72.72 -- the best in the ICC World Twenty20.
• South Africa (78 for four off seven overs) have posted 11.14 runs per six balls, which is the highest by any team against Sri Lanka in T20Is (minimum six overs).
• Both Shahid Afridi (27 at an average of 19.22 in 20 matches) and Lasith Malinga (27 at an average of 18.25 in 20 matches) share a bowling record for most wickets in the ICC World Twenty20.
• A B de Villiers (30 off 13 balls) has recorded strike rate of 230.76, which is his second best in the ICC World Twenty20, behind the 232.35 while posting a superb unbeaten 79 off 34 balls against Scotland at The Oval on June 7, 2009.
• De Villiers has taken his aggregate to 419 runs at an average of 29.92 in 18 matches -- the most by a South African in the ICC World Twenty20. With 17 sixes, he is the leading six-hitter for South Africa in the ICC World Twenty20.
• De Villiers has got his fourth Man of the Match award in T20Is.