ICC World T20 2012: Harbhajan not lone Indian on Aussie hit list
Colombo: Australia skipper George Bailey said that his side would not solely focus on Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh during the World Twenty20 opening super eight match, which is scheduled to take place on Friday.
Bailey said all the Indian bowlers were pretty good.
"Yes, he obviously picked up wickets the other night. But if we focus too heavily on him, then we don`t focus much on Ashwin or we do not focus much on one of the quicks. So like most teams, I think, all the Indian bowlers are pretty good and we just got to respect that and work out ways to try to score," he said.
The 30-year-old Australian skipper admitted that they would test Indian batsmen with bouncers.
"You got to have change-ups and you got to have something up your sleeves. But as I said in the make up of our attack we will be playing quite good fast bowlers so certainly in their repertoire you expect few bouncers," he said.
Meanwhile, the Australian team had a long net session, with both batsmen and bowlers preparing hard for this crucial match.
India is placed with Australia, South Africa and Pakistan in their super eight group. The top two teams would qualify for the semi-finals of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances