ICC World T20: Dhoni spoilt for choices ahead of Aussie clash
Zeenews Sports Bureau
With less than forty-eight hours to go for the mega clash against Australia, it seems Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is in a dilemma of being spoilt for choices.
He said "one big batsman might have to sit out" in the Super Eights match against Australia on Friday and went on to say that "it will be one of the toughest decisions of his career to choose between Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh".
"We would most likely go in with five bowlers but I still don't know what will be the combination. It will be a fresh wicket and we have to take into consideration how it will be before the start of the match," Dhoni told reporters at his pre-match media interaction.
On the other hand, the kangaroos look comfortable and a well settled unit. But come Friday, all the calculations, strategies and all plans will take a back seat when the two cricketing powerhouses lock horns.
Dhoni also stressed the importance of ground fielding as it could make the all mportant difference.
When asked about Virender Sehwag, who sat out in the match against England, Dhoni said, "situational calls will be taken, and players are ready".
Dhoni also stated that he was confused as to how the wickets will be prepared for the uphill `Oz battle`.
Speaking to reporters at Colombo, Dhoni stated, "it is good to have a blend of experience and youth, and that it is the responsibility of seniors to guide the youngsters."
When asked whether he follows what the press has been circulating about India`s Cup chances, boy next door Dhoni got candid, saying he did not have access to internet, television and mobile. "I am detached from the world."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’