ICC World T20: New Zealand vs Bangladesh - As it happened...
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Over 20, Bangladesh 132/8:
New Zealand win by 59 runs. The day belonged to Brendon McCullum who played one of the best knocks we have seen in T20 internationals. Bangladesh failed to put up any fight and they still have one match against Pakistan where they can register a win and move to the Super 8.
Over 15, Bangladesh 87/5 :
None of the Bangladesh batsmen have managed to hit a cameo as the run-rate keeps on increasing. Nasir Hossain has hit a few good boundaries but the asking rate is too much to handle for them. Nathan McCullum dismissed Mahmudullah for 15.
Over 10, Bangladesh 54/4 :
Bangladesh continue to score runs at slow pace. They managed just 20 runs in the last five overs and lost the wicket of Ashraful (21). Tim Southee dismissed Ashraful who was caught plumb in front of the wicket.
Over 5, Bangladesh 34/3 : After giving away too many runs in the death overs, Bangladesh are off to a disastrous start as they have lost key wickets of Tamim Ikbal (0), Shakib Al Hasan (11) and skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (4). Mohammad Asraful is still at the crease and his teammates would want him to weave some magic.
Over 20, New Zealand 191/3 : 16 runs from the last over! Two sixes came off McCullum’s bat who has now has the highest score in an ICC T20 match. He was dismissed off the last ball after scoring 123 from 58 balls.
Over 19, New Zealand 175/2 : Brendon McCullum scores his second T20 ton! It has come off just 51 balls with 11 boundaries and 4 sixes. It has been an excellent innings from the Kiwi veteran and he is still looking dangerous. It’s the second fastest century in an ICC T20 match, the fastest being by Chris Gayle that came off just 50 balls.
Over 15, New Zealand 113/1 : Bangladesh have been stunned with the counter-attack from these Kiwi batsmen. Brendon McCullum in particular has been batting very sensibly has so far scored 60 runs from just 35 balls.
Over 10, New Zealand 75/1 : McCullum is looking dangerous here. And even James Franklin has begun to hit massive strokes. These two have added 46 runs in the last five overs.
Over 5, New Zealand 29/1: New Zealand have scored 30 runs for the loss of one wicket after 5 overs. Bangladesh have bowled reasonably well, restricting the Kiwis to 29/1. Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak took the wicket of Martin Guptil for 11.
Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim won the toss and decided to bowl first against New Zealand.
Two giant-killers who have a reputation of disturbing set calculations will be up against each other when New Zealand and Bangladesh clash in their opening Group D match of the World Twenty20 in a short while from now.
Both Bangladesh and New Zealand are known to raise the bar when it comes to performing at major ICC events and it would be interesting to see which of the two manages to go a notch higher in the one-on-one battle.
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Ziaur Rahman, Mashrafe Mortaza, Elias Sunny, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam
New Zealand: MJ Guptill, RJ Nicol, BB McCullum†, LRPL Taylor*, KS Williamson, JDP Oram, JEC Franklin, DL Vettori, NL McCullum, TG Southee, KD Mills
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what