India vs Australia, World T20: Players to watch out for
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: India and Australia are set for a mouth-watering Super Eight clash at Colombo on Friday. Even though it is not a knock out stage, both teams would look to start with a victory as the group also features South Africa and Pakistan. Friday`s match will be a duel between two bowling units where Indian spinners are pitted against Aussie pacers in what promises to be a fantastic form.
Harbhajan Singh (India)
It looks like Harbhajan has cemented his place in the side after his four wickets against England. His record against Australia in the past will come as an added advantage for the Indians. Also, Harbhajan`s inclusion is crucial to tame the key Aussie left-handers David Warner and Mike Hussey considering his stupendous record against the left-handers.
Virat Kohli (India)
A lot will depend on how Virat Kohli bats as he has been in the form of his life. He scored a fifty against Afghanistan in India’s opening game and made a forty in the match against England. Even Hussey had admitted that the Aussies were expecting Kohli to have one of his rare off-days against them.
David Warner (Australia)
Warner is yet to make a major impact in Australia’s campaign in the ongoing T20 World Cup but has been able to give the team a quick start. David Warner was Man of the Match the last time these two teams met in a World T20 match in 2010. He made 72 from 42 balls then. A Warner whirlwind can`t be ruled out against India considering his consistency in the past few innings.
Shane Watson (Australia)
The main threat for India will be all-rounder Shane Watson who in prime form having won back-to-back MoM awards. Watson made 51 off 30 balls and took 3 for 26 against Ireland, and followed that with an unbeaten 41 and 2 for 29 against West Indies. Watson has been cleverly used by skipper Bailey as he has proved to be a potent partnership breaker. The Indian batsmen will need to be careful against Watson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth