Indian, New Zealand teams leave for Colombo
Chennai: The cricket teams of India and New Zealand left for Colombo this morning to compete in the World Twenty20 championship, starting from September 18.
New Zealand won the two-match T20 series against India after beating the hosts in thrilling encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here last night.
The first T20 match between the two sides at Visakhapatnam last week was washed away.
India will open its World T20 campaign on September 19 against Afghanistan while New Zealand will play their first match two days later against Bangladesh.
The summit clash of the tournament is slated for October 7 in Colombo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!