Indian, New Zealand teams leave for Colombo
Chennai: The cricket teams of India and New Zealand left for Colombo this morning to compete in the World Twenty20 championship, starting from September 18.
New Zealand won the two-match T20 series against India after beating the hosts in thrilling encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here last night.
The first T20 match between the two sides at Visakhapatnam last week was washed away.
India will open its World T20 campaign on September 19 against Afghanistan while New Zealand will play their first match two days later against Bangladesh.
The summit clash of the tournament is slated for October 7 in Colombo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!