Indian, New Zealand teams leave for Colombo
Chennai: The cricket teams of India and New Zealand left for Colombo this morning to compete in the World Twenty20 championship, starting from September 18.
New Zealand won the two-match T20 series against India after beating the hosts in thrilling encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here last night.
The first T20 match between the two sides at Visakhapatnam last week was washed away.
India will open its World T20 campaign on September 19 against Afghanistan while New Zealand will play their first match two days later against Bangladesh.
The summit clash of the tournament is slated for October 7 in Colombo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone