Indian, New Zealand teams leave for Colombo
Chennai: The cricket teams of India and New Zealand left for Colombo this morning to compete in the World Twenty20 championship, starting from September 18.
New Zealand won the two-match T20 series against India after beating the hosts in thrilling encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here last night.
The first T20 match between the two sides at Visakhapatnam last week was washed away.
India will open its World T20 campaign on September 19 against Afghanistan while New Zealand will play their first match two days later against Bangladesh.
The summit clash of the tournament is slated for October 7 in Colombo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000