James Pattinson says Glenn Maxwell is exactly what Australia needs
Sydney: Fast bowler James Pattinson believes all rounder Glenn Maxwell is exactly what Australia cricket requires right now, and added that the hard-hitting Victorian’s X-factor can help him fill the crack in left in the team by Andrew Symonds’ ouster.
Maxwell’s teammates dubbed him ‘The Big Show’ just in time for Australia`s World Twenty20 campaign in Sri Lanka.
According to Pattinson, Maxwell, whose talent and audaciousness excited Victorian coaches well before his sudden elevation to the world stage, has taken the tag well.
“He`s exactly what Australian cricket needs,” a leading daily quoted Pattinson, as saying.
“He`s always had that X-factor. You look at someone in that Andrew Symonds mould, he was an unbelievable player and I think he has got the same talent as someone like that,” he added.
“He`s got no fear and the way he batted against the Pakistan spinners [in his debut series] showed how good he can be,” he said.
Hard hitting all rounder Maxwell excelled for Australia in the shorter versions of the game during their series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, and is tipped as the next big thing in Australian cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security