Mendis set to return from nine-month layoff ahead of T20 World Cup
Johannesburg: Sri Lanka spinner Ajantha Mendis is expected to make a comeback from a nine-month long layoff, which he suffered due to a back injury, and is hoping to have full use of his five variations for the World Twenty20 later this month.
Mendis was picked in Sri Lanka`s squad for the Twenty20 as part of a specialist spin attack, along with Rangana Herath and uncapped teenager Akila Dananjaya.
Hosts Sri Lanka will play their first match in the tournament against Zimbabwe on September 18.
Mendis said on Tuesday that he doesn`t believe India`s batsmen, in particular, have mastered his mystery bowling.
Thirty-four of his 62 Test wickets have come against the Indians, and they were also the responsible for 28 of his 96 one-day international wickets. He is yet to play a Twenty20 international against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’