Misbah to feature in panel of experts for World T20 championship
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Test and one-day captain, Misbah-ul- Haq is set to feature in the ICC World Twenty20 panel of experts lined up by broadcasters of the event.
"It is going to be a new experience for me to work on television. I got a good offer and also wanted to be part of the tournament so I accepted it," said Misbah, confirming that he had been given permission by the PCB to work during the tournament for the broadcaster and would be leaving for Sri Lanka on Sunday.
The Daily Times quoted Misbah, as saying, that since Pakistan`s next international assignments after the World Cup was the ODI series against India in December and the Test tour to South Africa, he would return home and focus on domestic cricket.
"Domestic cricket is the best way to keep in touch with the game because the coming series are very important for us as a team," he added.
Misbah was dropped as captain and player from Pakistan`s T20 squad before the Sri Lanka tour in May, effectively ending his T20 career, although Misbah himself has insisted he is fit enough to play in all three formats.
Pakistan``s former captain, Younis Khan, who also is not part of the national T20 team despite being a senior member of the Test and ODI sides, is also working as an expert on Pakistan Television after being rested for the recent One-day series against Australia.
Misbah said Pakistan is a multi-talented side and was capable of beating any team.
"The players are capable of doing well but they need to learn from their mistakes made in the Australia series," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'