Misbah to feature in panel of experts for World T20 championship
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Test and one-day captain, Misbah-ul- Haq is set to feature in the ICC World Twenty20 panel of experts lined up by broadcasters of the event.
"It is going to be a new experience for me to work on television. I got a good offer and also wanted to be part of the tournament so I accepted it," said Misbah, confirming that he had been given permission by the PCB to work during the tournament for the broadcaster and would be leaving for Sri Lanka on Sunday.
The Daily Times quoted Misbah, as saying, that since Pakistan`s next international assignments after the World Cup was the ODI series against India in December and the Test tour to South Africa, he would return home and focus on domestic cricket.
"Domestic cricket is the best way to keep in touch with the game because the coming series are very important for us as a team," he added.
Misbah was dropped as captain and player from Pakistan`s T20 squad before the Sri Lanka tour in May, effectively ending his T20 career, although Misbah himself has insisted he is fit enough to play in all three formats.
Pakistan``s former captain, Younis Khan, who also is not part of the national T20 team despite being a senior member of the Test and ODI sides, is also working as an expert on Pakistan Television after being rested for the recent One-day series against Australia.
Misbah said Pakistan is a multi-talented side and was capable of beating any team.
"The players are capable of doing well but they need to learn from their mistakes made in the Australia series," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list