Murali says England would miss Kevin Pietersen
London: Spin-bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan has said defending Twenty20 World champions England would certainly miss last edition’s man of the tournament Kevin Pietersen, but added they will struggle in Sri Lankan conditions anyhow.
“England have a good side, but conditions won`t favour them much in Sri Lanka, especially the wickets. They will miss Kevin Pietersen because of his experience in this part of the world, he is a good player of spin,” a leading quoted Muralitharan, as saying.
“They could do well but I’m not really sure because they’ll miss Pietersen in the batting line-up. I’ve played against him in the IPL. He played well last year,” he added.
“England still have a good side though and Eoin Morgan is the impact player for them. You need spinners in these conditions. Maybe the first few matches wickets are fresh but as the tournament goes on, if you want to win it you need good spinners,” he said.
Muralitharan tipped one of the four sub continental sides -- India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh to win this year`s T20 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia
- IIT-B names, shames start-ups for reneging on job offers