Murali says England would miss Kevin Pietersen
London: Spin-bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan has said defending Twenty20 World champions England would certainly miss last edition’s man of the tournament Kevin Pietersen, but added they will struggle in Sri Lankan conditions anyhow.
“England have a good side, but conditions won`t favour them much in Sri Lanka, especially the wickets. They will miss Kevin Pietersen because of his experience in this part of the world, he is a good player of spin,” a leading quoted Muralitharan, as saying.
“They could do well but I’m not really sure because they’ll miss Pietersen in the batting line-up. I’ve played against him in the IPL. He played well last year,” he added.
“England still have a good side though and Eoin Morgan is the impact player for them. You need spinners in these conditions. Maybe the first few matches wickets are fresh but as the tournament goes on, if you want to win it you need good spinners,” he said.
Muralitharan tipped one of the four sub continental sides -- India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh to win this year`s T20 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump