Murali says England would miss Kevin Pietersen
London: Spin-bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan has said defending Twenty20 World champions England would certainly miss last edition’s man of the tournament Kevin Pietersen, but added they will struggle in Sri Lankan conditions anyhow.
“England have a good side, but conditions won`t favour them much in Sri Lanka, especially the wickets. They will miss Kevin Pietersen because of his experience in this part of the world, he is a good player of spin,” a leading quoted Muralitharan, as saying.
“They could do well but I’m not really sure because they’ll miss Pietersen in the batting line-up. I’ve played against him in the IPL. He played well last year,” he added.
“England still have a good side though and Eoin Morgan is the impact player for them. You need spinners in these conditions. Maybe the first few matches wickets are fresh but as the tournament goes on, if you want to win it you need good spinners,” he said.
Muralitharan tipped one of the four sub continental sides -- India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh to win this year`s T20 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state