No extra day for World Twenty20 semis and final
Colombo: With rain playing spoilsport at most of the matches, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has not set aside reserve days for the semifinal and final matches of the World Twenty20.
Xinhua quoted an ICC media official saying that extra days have not been scheduled for the semifinals or the final in the event the games are washed out.
But the official expressed confidence that the latter stages of the tournament will not be severely hampered by rain and that the final will also be held as scheduled.
The organisers have received the flak for hosting the tournament at a time when the weather is not favourable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam