No extra day for World Twenty20 semis and final
Colombo: With rain playing spoilsport at most of the matches, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has not set aside reserve days for the semifinal and final matches of the World Twenty20.
Xinhua quoted an ICC media official saying that extra days have not been scheduled for the semifinals or the final in the event the games are washed out.
But the official expressed confidence that the latter stages of the tournament will not be severely hampered by rain and that the final will also be held as scheduled.
The organisers have received the flak for hosting the tournament at a time when the weather is not favourable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing