No extra day for World Twenty20 semis and final
Colombo: With rain playing spoilsport at most of the matches, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has not set aside reserve days for the semifinal and final matches of the World Twenty20.
Xinhua quoted an ICC media official saying that extra days have not been scheduled for the semifinals or the final in the event the games are washed out.
But the official expressed confidence that the latter stages of the tournament will not be severely hampered by rain and that the final will also be held as scheduled.
The organisers have received the flak for hosting the tournament at a time when the weather is not favourable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report