No qualms in coaching Bangladesh against Pakistan: Saqlain Mushtaq
Lahore: Pakistan`s former spinner Saqlain Mushtaq, who is credited with inventing the "Doosra" delivery, says he faces no emotional dilemma in coaching Bangladesh ahead of their September 25 group clash against his nation in the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
"Lot of professional coaches go through this phase when they have to coach their chosen team against their national teams. But it is part and parcel of the profession and one has to accept it," said Saqlain, who is working with the Bangladesh team as a bowling consultant.
The former spinner said he was doing his best to prepare the Bangladesh batsmen for the coming game in which they would face the lethal Saeed Ajmal -- currently ranked the top spinner in the world.
Saqlain said he had passed on tips about off-spin bowling to Saeed sometime back.
"...He is someone Pakistan should be proud off. He is now using the Doosra ball very intelligently and taking wickets with it," Saqlain said.
He also pointed out that Saeed`s current position in the ICC rankings reflects highly on his performance.
"It is great to see a spin bowler dominate international cricket. The good thing is that spinners have important roles to play in all formats of the game," he added.
Saqlain himself had expressed interest in working with the Pakistan team as bowling coach but the job eventually went to former pacer Mohammad Akram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far